Wednesday, January 26, 2011
On a really good note though I am exercising and trying to keep it as consistent as possible. I have exercised periodically over the last 26 weeks. Some weeks I get in 3-4 days and some weeks none. This week I have gotten in 2 days. Mostly treadmill walking and elliptical.
Compliments of "Santa" we went to see Jason Aldean, Eric Church and the Jane Dear girls in concert this past weekend. The concert was GREAT!!! We all loved it. Especially, Chloe. Lizzie loved the first two acts then she got tired but she was manageable through Jason Aldean and we were able to stay the entire time. We even got an autograph from the Jane Dear girls and the girls got a picture with them. They were so sweet to them. I will post a few pictures from the concert later.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
We have SO MUCH to get done and so little time. The Husband and I have got to get on the ball. For starters we are turning our garage into a living area.
To do list:
- finish painting and slightly move out building so that it is straight
- start filling out building with stuff from the garage
- sale or get rid of remainder of stuff in the garage that we don't need
- put in insulation and build wall in garage along garage door
- paint garage
- move exercise equipment and toys from spare bedroom into garage and figure out some sort of organized system for the toys.
- paint babies room, a light green color I think
- put up baby bed and get out all of the clothes from the other two girls and wash them and get them in the chest of drawers ready to go.
- start stocking up on diapers and wipes. I have clothes and blankets and such, not too worried about that stuff.
- Move chair out of our room into new living area in garage so we will have room for pack-n-play in bedroom for baby Harlie to sleep in.
ok, so this list was more for my benefit than yours. I feel like if we can get the stuff in the shed and do something with the excess stuff in the garage that will be a huge start. Then make the wall then paint then the rest won't be too bad.
15 weeks and counting down FAST. We gotta get busy!!!!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I have a GREAT recipe to share that I just got done eating for dinner. I found it in the special edition Fatloss Oxygen, Winter 2011. I will absolutely be making this again. It might be a weekly meal I loved it so much.
1 tsp of olive oil
4, 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
14 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
1 tsp of oregano
1 tbsp of fresh basil (or 1 tsp of dried), I used dried and it tasted really good.
10 oz. of fresh spinach
sea salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp of shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium - high heat, heat the oil and cook chicken until lightly browned on each side, approximately 6 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomatoes, oregano and basil; place spinch on top of the chicken and cover tightly.
3. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, approximately 15 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper and top with cheese.
Calories: 260, Total fats: 6 g, Carbs: 10 g, Figer: 3 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 40 g, Iron 3 g
Monday, January 10, 2011
Well I LOVE THE SNOW!!! Now, I wouldn't want to live in the Dakota's or other states where it snows frequently but to get several bouts of snow that were 5 or more inches each year would make me very happy. That doesn't happen regularly around here so I will take what I can get.
Last night it started snowing about 6ish and we ended up with about 1 inch. It wasn't a hard snow at all but consitent for several hours. Some local schools were cancelled b/c of it which was nice for some I suppose. I did come to work, just a couple of hours late so that the roads were sure to be clear. The girls were of course SO EXCITED to get out and play in it. The husband was home with them today so they had a chance to play outside and make what small snowballs that they could.
We are expecting some more snow, so they say, but it hasn't started yet and they thought it would be here around 4ish. Well it is past 4 and no sign of it yet. Doesn't always happen like the weather man predicts it as we all know.
I am headed home soon for some taco soup made by the husband. YUM!! What a perfect snowy/cold day food.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
We originally were not going to find out the sex of the baby but in this great world we live in we have the right to change our minds and that is exactly what we did and we are thrilled with the outcome (although we would have been thrilled with a boy too.) Whatever we have we know we are meant to have and we couldn't be happier.
Her name will be Harlie Dawn and she will join big sister Lizzie who will be 4 at the time of her birth and even bigger sister Chloe who will be 6 1/2 when she is born. Both big sisters are SO EXCITED!
We were able to surprise our family and friends at Christmas with the news and we are all getting more excited as the days go by.