Marathon Training

I just thought I would give an update on my Marathon training. All is well and I am right on plan to be ready for the marathon which is March 15th. My longest run so far is 16 miles and that was 2 weekends ago and it went well. This past weekened I did 10 as my long run. In a few weeks I will do 16, then 18 then 20 one week. 20 is the most you do before an actual marathon. They say those last 6 miles you will make it off pure adrenaline so I will trust those that have gone before me and just go with it. I guess if you have run 20 already what is another 6 right?

As I have said before this is one of the hardest things I have committed to in my life thus far (besides marriage, ha). It takes so much attention to detail like how much food you are eating and what types of foods you are eating then making sure you get in the short runs and the strength training. If you don't get something in you will pay for it later with injury and of course I don't want that.

I can't believe it is just 9 weeks away now. I am getting very excited. I can't imagine the butterflies I will have on that glorious Sunday. I am just ready to prove to myself that I can do it and cross that finish line with a smile...or tears or maybe both.

Comments

Popular Posts