GAME DAY!

Tonight is my husbands first game of the year (he is the coach) and he is ready. He loves this and he is really good at it. The kids love him and work hard for him most of the time. He coaches 8th grade so it isn't all about winning (well to the school, not to him), it is more about teaching them the fundamentals that they need to be better when they get on the 9th grade team b/c that is when the wins count more. Of course that is not how my husband works at all. It is PLAY TO WIN and no other way. He can only work with what he has got. He says he feels better about this year than he did last year so that is good so we shall see how it goes. All he asks of them is that they give it 200% and leave it on the field and if you do that then a lot of times a win comes with it and if it doesn't then so be it and you can feel good about how you played at least.



Last night was the county fair in our town. We looked at the animals and let the girls ride a couple of rides. I took along my protein shake, almonds and cauliflower and happily ate it all and felt great about my choices and the fact that I passed up all of the fair food tempations.

Comments

Stacia said…
I wish my eighth grader was on his team :)
Therese said…
Aww how exciting! I think my husband will divorce me if I don't produce a football playing boy for him ;)

Awesome job at the fair...fair food (and smells!) are so hard to resist.
Brandi said…
Aww I'm so excited football is finally here!!! Tell the hubby good luck with his team!!!

I love this time of year, especially for the fairs!!

Popular Posts