Hmmm, I never know what to title my posts

It is Friday again. It seems like it was just a Friday like yesterday. I think I am one of the only ones that does not look forward to the weekends b/c that means that the days, weeks, months and years just keep going by WAY TOO FAST!! There are many times that I wish that time would just stand still. You just simply don't get to enjoy the things you love the most like spending time with my girls or my hubby or my family or friends. You know they say as you get older time just goes by faster and faster and I simply dread that. I just wish we all had a few more hours in the day and a few more days in the week and so on. Oh well, what do we do, I guess just make the most of the time that we do have.

Good news to share....J's football team won their game last night WOOT WOOT!!! 28-14. THEY NEEDED THAT WIN!! They really struggled last year and they lost last weeks game by one point so it was great to really dominate and play good and win a game.

Bad news....I had to leave the game early and did not get to bask in the glory b/c Chloe got sick. Bless her heart she has not felt good for a week now. She had fever for 4 days and then was a little better and then last night said her ear hurt and that was it she went down hill and cried the 45 minutes it took for us to get home. She kept saying "Mom, I don't feel good". I just kept driving and trying to get home as fast as I could. On top of that Lizzie was crying the whole way home too. Man, my nerves were on edge but I just remained calm and just drove. My lovely mother met me at home so that she could take one of the girls and I could get the other one. It worked out fine and I took Chloe to the Dr. this morning and she does have an ear infection but nothing that some antibiotics and ear drops won't fix. Hopefully, she is on the mend.

Let's talk about eating and exercising for a minute. This has not been one of my best weeks. I have eaten several things that I don't normally eat but at the same time I have not gone crazy or on a binge or anything. So I am still maintaining some control which is what I shoot for. Like last night at the game I got a diet dr. pepper and I could have gotten peanut m&m's which I love but instead I ate my protein bar that I brought with me. YEA on that decision. This weekend will be a little tough on Saturday b/c we are going to a birthday party for a 1 year old with pizza and cake and ice cream and then Sat. night we have a couples wedding shower for a friend I work with. I can't imagine the great snacky foods that will be there. Like I always say CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL. I will let myself eat a few things and feel good about it as long as I have control and don't stuff my face.

Exercise - what is that I am starting to wonder. It has been non-existent for 9 days now. This is so unlike me. I typically am a pretty dedicated exerciser at least 3 days a week. Things just seem to be getting in the way and I just don't seem to be making time for it. I am not going to push it, let's say for the weekend my goal is to exercise at least once either on Saturday or Sunday whichever works out best. Of course both would be great but I want to have a reasonable goal and once seems like a more achievable goal for me. So expect me to post back here on Monday that I exercised at least one of those days. This will be a major accomplishment for me. I CAN DO IT!!

o.k. I have rambled enough. Have a great weekend. ---Dawn

Comments

Popular Posts