I'm back finally!

I am still mending from my sickness but I am feeling a little bit better each day. Still having a little bit of problems with my ear so I think I need to get that checked out but since I don't have fever or an infection of any kind then I can deal with a little fluid on my ear. Geez, you would have thought the antibiotic shot and pills and steroid shot would just have cleaned anything bad out of my system. I guess not.

Anyway, my eating this week hasn't been so hot. Not really bad but I have been eating a few things that I DO NOT normally eat such as a bowl of ice cream, chocolate, fried chicken, several pieces of pizza and cookies. I think that since I did not feel well last week and I hardly ate anything now that my apetite is back I am just stuffing my face on random occasions. I mean on the average I am eating well but there have been a few times that I have had no control and just started eating. This will pass though and I will get back on my track where I like to be with only 1 cheat meal per week. Just got a little side tracked there for a bit.

As for exercise, NONE, NADA, ZIPPO!! I have been struggling for a few weeks with getting it in but have been doing it here and there and then I got sick and haven't exercised in 11 days. Of course, I haven't felt like it and I don't need to push my body too much so the last 11 days is fine with not exercising. I need to start walking though at least even if it is for 15 minutes. You know I had a goal of completing a 10K on October 13th. Well, although that is still within reach I am not feeling good about it. OK, I can't believe I just said that. I am going to do this and that is it. I just looked at the calendar and I have 22 days not counting today and not counting the day of the race to get ready for this. I mean at this point even though the last time I ran was 11 days ago (the Sunday before the Monday that I got sick) I ran 1.5 miles. So I know that in 22 days if I really wanted to I could run 6.5 miles. I actually plan on doing this system where I jog for 4 minutes and walk for 1 minute. The on-line crew that I exercise and eat healthy with do this system and it works great. It is good for your body and you can actually go further. So this is what I am going to do. This means I have to get out there this weekend and get going. 22 days and counting!! I made this goal actually before I even had Lizzie. I had told myself that I was going to do this race and by gosh I am going to stick to it. I would be so mad at myself if I didn't do it. So look to me to post over the next 22 days of my progress on my running. I CAN DO THIS! I WILL DO THIS! This race is GOING TO HAPPEN on OCTOBER 13th with me there running in it!

Comments

Popular Posts