Neti pot where have you been all of my life?




I have been having sinus congestion issues. Several weeks ago it persisted and developed into an infection and I had to get a cortisone shot and antibiotics. I was free and clear for about 2 weeks then it came back. Well, I didn't want to have to get antibiotics again and I also didnt' want to ride it out so I did some research and some asking around and realized I needed a neti pot. I have heard good things about them so I thought I would give it a try.

So far so good, I really like it. It is a weird thing to do and you actually put this saline solution in the pot then mix it with luke warm water then you stick the spout of the pot in one nostril and then tip your head to the side and water will run out the other side of your nose. Then you blow your nose and then do it to the other side. It is amazing all of the stuff it gets out. It has helped me to be able to sleep at night b/c I can breathe through my nose. I am also taking clairitin and a nasal spray so with those 3 things together I am on the mend. I plan to continue to use the neti pot at least once a day and maybe in the morning and night. It can't hurt you and if it keeps congestion at bay then it is worth it.

If you have sinus trouble often I encourage you to give a try. Just remember to do it over a sink and to breathe in/out your mouth. It gets easier and less uncomfortable each time you do it.

Comments

The Lewis's said…
Awesome! I am glad the neti pot is working for you!
Anonymous said…
I saw Dr. Oz talk about that on Oprah. I've been wanting to buy one. Good to hear you like it. I'll have to go get one. :)
Glennis said…
Never heard of such a thing, and I do have sinus problems, specially at night, its hard to breathe at all let alone easily, so maybe I should try this neti pot, wonder if we have them in New Zealand. I shall ask at the Chemists next time I am there.
Thanks for the tip.

Popular Posts