BOOT CAMP!!!!

So I needed a change up from going to my spare bedroom in the mornings to work out b/c over time it just gets kind of boring as you might imagine. There is an organized, meet in a parking lot, have a trainer guide you, boot camp class in my area. I have been wanting to do it for months and it finally works out. I am there just a tad before 5:30 am and it starts at 5:30 on the dot and last a full hour. The hour flies by though. I just completed my 2nd day this morning and I really like it.

The first day seemed rather easy and I was a tad disappointed but I was hoping maybe they just build over time. I was originally thinking it would just be balls to the wall from the first day and if you could keep up, great, and if not then you would eventually be able to keep up but that isn't how they do it apparently. Which is fine and totally fits most people's fitness levels.

Anyway, after the 2nd morning I can tell that they will increase the difficulty and intensity over time and over the next 4 weeks so that is a plus. I just do everything harder and faster to get my heart rate up where I know it needs to be so that I am burning fat most efficiently. That is the good thing about it is that you can learn how to adjust it to fit your needs more.

I do love the group atmosphere. I have always loved group exercise classes and I haven't done them in a while. It makes the hour pass by so fast which is a huge bonus.

I will keep you updated on it as it goes along. Thursday we do a fitness test to see how long we can hold a plank, how many sit ups we can do, how long we can hold a wall (squat) sit and then we do a 12 minute run also. WOOT!! Can't wait to see how I do with those.

Comments

Brandi said…
I'm loving my bootcamp class so far! This is our last week for this session then we have a week off and will begin again for 4 weeks! I'm definitely seeing a difference in muscle definition. I just wish this weight would drop!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you're doing the same type of boot class that Brandi is doing!
Kari Keenan said…
I love Bootcamps! I've done a couple of them, and always find them challenging, yet fun.

Popular Posts