Thanksgiving!

WOW, it is already Thanksgiving. Just can't believe it is here. I always look forward to holidays b/c we have a few family get togethers and I have always enjoyed those. J's family is always fun and then I just adore my family and love spending time with my Aunt's, Uncle's and cousins. It will be odd not having my Granny like she has been for the past 35 years. I know she wants us to still gather and enjoy ourselves though. She doesn't want the world to stop even though she went to Heaven.

The funeral went well yesterday. It was really nice. The preacher was great and the music was perfect and just what Granny would want. My Mom did much better than I thought although I know deep down she is just SO SAD! You just wish the ones you love could live forever.

I am doing well just so sad for my Mom, Aunt and Uncle b/c I know their hearts are broken.

J is enjoying the day fishing with his Dad and Brother. I am getting off work early and I have a couple of errands to run then I will get my girls at my parents house. Maybe I can talk my Mom into putting up the Christmas tree. That can help your spirits some and I know the girls would enjoy that.

I am not a baker really but the girls love to help in the kitchen so I thought I might make a couple of things for tomorrow. We are taking a cheese ball and bacon wrapped jalapeno things with cream cheese in them. Appetizers basically b/c the rest of the food is covered.

I love cheesecake so I thought I might make one and then I love cinnamon stuff so I thought I might make some monkey bread. It is a hungry girl recipe so it is on the lighter side of calories so I thought that would give me the taste I am wanting without all of the calories. The girls will love to help me make these things.

I plan to eat several things off my plan tomorrow and I am really going to savor them and enjoy it but I do not plan to go totally overboard. Since I don't really eat much at one sitting on a regular basis if I don't watch my portions I will just be ILL. I don't want to feel bad so I am going to go with small portions of the things I really like. I can't wait to sink my teeth in my MIL's homemade german chocolate cake and her homemade apple dumplings. These things are to die for. YUM!! I can taste them already.

Comments

Popular Posts