T-day was a SUCCESS!

I had a great Thanksgiving. So much fun with my family and with J's family and I didn't stuff myself. This is the first time EVER that I have not been absolutely miserable after eating Thanksgiving lunch or dinner. I did eat and I did eat some things that I do not normally eat on regular occasions but I didn't eat a lot of it. AND I did have some pie, 1 piece of the best coconut cream pie ever compliments of Melinda. It was SO GOOD! Plus, I had a small piece of chocolate cake and that is it. It was just enough to satisfy me but not enough to make me feel sick. In fact...drum roll please... I LOST 1.4 pounds last week over Thanksgiving. I think I did it b/c I just had a few small treats on Thursday and that was it. I was on track for the 3 days before and on track for the 3 days after. I didn't make Thanksgiving a week long celebration. I took home no leftovers and I got back to my regular eating routine on Friday morning. Wow, that makes me feel good.

You know the statistics say that the average person gains 7-10 pounds over the holiday season. Then they never get it off so over the course of several years that is a lot of weight. Well my goal is to lose about 5 pounds and I am actually off to a great start. YEA!!!!

Next week I start the end of an exercise challenge that I am doing and the schedule has me lifting weights and doing short cardio segments 5 days a week. I am a little nervous about it but I am determined to do it. I really think it will shape my body in ways that I have never seen it before. I can't wait to see the results. I will keep you posted on how it goes and this will be my check in place so you can all make sure I am following up with my commitment.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts