I passed it up...

YES I DID!! I passed up my favorite dessert, cheesecake. Cheesecake is almost always my it is WORTH IT dessert. If there is cheesecake then I am going to eat it and enjoy every minute of it. Well, Tuesday night we went to J's work Christmas party and before I went I told myself I was not going to eat dessert. Well, what do you know, it is cheesecake. It was just plain cheesecake which is actually one of my favorites, they had topping but I would have eaten it without that is if I was going to eat it but I did tell myself that I wasn't going to but I had no idea it would be CHEESECAKE! What was I thinking. This is where having a PLAN comes into play. I told myself I wasn't going to have any so by gosh I am not going to eat it and I didn't. I watched all of the other 8 people at my table eat some and the whole time I was thinking about how many football fields they would need to walk to burn off the calories from that cheesecake. I will share the football fields story later. Anyway, I did not partake. I snubbed that cheesecake like there was no tomorrow and I felt so darn proud of myself. I mean it is just cheesecake right, the world will keep turning if I don't eat it. It was not like I am never going to eat cheesecake again, just not that night. So, see, if you have a plan and stick to it you too can be proud of yourself. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Comments

Becca said…
I just saw your blog and I was spying on ya and reading it!!! What a great NSV!!!! I am so proud of you Dawn. That is awesome. :) :)
I know that I am a cheesecake lover too and for me that would be like cutting off my right arm to pass up the cheesecake! WAY TO GO girlie!

Popular Posts