Under the weather!



This has been my new best friend for the last 2 1/2 days. Where oh where does all of the snot come from? I mean really, how can it just keep producing. It is like it never ends.

The really bad news is that I was not able to do my 9 mile run. I made it 4 miles with mostly walking. I made every attempt to do it though. I got up at 6:20 Sunday morning after not sleeping well at all and I ate my b-fast, got dressed and headed out the door at 7. I really wanted to be able to do it. My energy level was non-existent and I couldn't breathe. If you run you know how important breathing is. In fact it is the main thing you have to adjust to as you become a runner and when your nose is so clogged it makes it very difficult. I went as long as I could then I just had to cut it short. I figured I was not doing my body any good and I really needed to rest. Let's just pray that I will be 100% for this coming weekends 10 mile run.

I took a short nap on Sunday and then I slept really good last night so that helped. I am feeling slightly better today which makes me think I either have allergies or a cold. I kind of thought it might be a sinus infection but since I am feeling better today I think that is not what it is. Just taking some over the counter meds and blowing my nose like crazy to try to get this junk out.

Comments

Teresa said…
Bless your heart. I feel for you. Hang in there, you'll be better by the next run. You tried to make it, that's what counts. Much better than I would have done. Hope the crud leaves quickly.

Popular Posts