I am back safe and sound and sad news.

I made it back from Nashville on Tuesday afternoon. The trip was GREAT. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun in the process.

Overall, I was pleased with my food. I managed to stay away from the bread baskets and I had great portion control. I did have some dessert though, a slice of cheesecake and a brownie on two separate occasions. I only had 1 alcholic beverage the whole trip and I exercised for 45 minutes on Monday morning. I couldn't believe I actually got out of bed. I did not get up on Tuesday though b/c I was just exhausted.

The sad news though is that on Monday my Mom talked with me on the phone informing me that my cousin, Sabrina, was in the hospital and not doing well. On Tuesday while waiting for my plane to board I talked to her and she told me that she was not going to make it. I went to the hospital as soon as I got in town on Tuesday and stayed for several hours. My cousin is in her early 40's and has juvenile (type 1) diabetes. She had a kidney transplant years ago and did well for a while but has been in and out of the hospital for the past 2 years due to complications. On Monday her Dad found her on the floor in her home and called the ambulence. She had some bleeding on her brain. My Mom actually spoke to her Monday afternoon. Sometime between then and Tuesday morning though she had a massive stroke. She is currently on life support and is breathing sporadcially on her own. Her kidney's are starting to shut down. At this point it is a matter of time. It is so very sad. She has no children and her husband died 9 years ago from a brain aneurism.

To add to the sadness this same family lost their grandson/nephew (Sabrina's brother Scott's son) in a tragic hay ride accident when he was 8, 5 1/2 years ago. So this family has had their share of tragedy for sure. It just doesn't seem to end.

Prayers and good thoughts are much appreciated. Luckily, we have an awesome family, all of us have lived in the same town our entire life so we are very close and that means a great support network. It couldn't be any better really.

Comments

Tiffa said…
So sorry to hear about your cousin :(
Welcome home but I am so saddened over the news of your cousin. What a tragedy. And to lose her husband too? I just hate to hear it. I'm thinking about you and your family. ((HUGS)) I'm so sorry.
Christina said…
Yay!!! You're back! Sounds like you had a great time and stayed on track as well.

I'm so sorry about your cousin. I'm glad you have such a close family so you can all rally together for support. My thoughts are with you during this sad time!
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry to hear this... Hugs and Prayers
Becca said…
It's strange how you can be misty-eyed for a complete stranger. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I hope your cousin passes peacefully and is reunited with her husband behind the veil.

Popular Posts