Spinning my wheels

I feel like I am just spinning my wheels. I eat good for a few days and don't exercise then I exercise then I don't eat as good. Just a vicious cycle that is literally getting me NO WHERE!! Now, you might have read that I made it to my first goal a couple of weeks ago of getting below 150 and I did do that but still two weeks later I am at the same spot and my inches have not changed much since weighing 157.

For me, if the inches aren't going down then I am not using my time and energy wisely and that just isn't a good combination for me. If the scale goes down but pound after pound the pants still fit the same it just doesn't matter to me. I want those inches to decrease THEN I know I am truly getting smaller. Those are the times that the scale is really deceiving. Just b/c it goes down doesn't always mean you are getting smaller and if you aren't getting smaller than what is the point, when your goal is fat loss that is.

Of course just overall health is the main reason but I am long past that. For me this is a lifestyle but I have goals that go along with that principle and right now it is fat loss which in return means inch loss and fat loss on the scale in time.

At this point in my journey with an uncertain amount of pounds to lose (just not sure what weight I will be when I get to how I want to look) it takes BOTH EXERCISE AND CLEAN FOOD. CONSISTENT exercise and clean food that is! That is the bottom line. I know this but sometimes I have to re-focus and remind myself of it constantly. It just won't come off easy like we all want it too. I have to work hard for those things that I truly want and right now this is one of them.

So here is to being reminded and re-focusing yet ONCE AGAIN!!

I started off today good with an AM workout. I got up at 4:50 am this morning and made it to the gym about 5:23. My goal is to get there at 5:15 and workout one solid hour. I got in 47 minutes this morning.

Comments

Jen said…
YAY for making it to the gym this am. Your post is great today. I feel like I am either eating good or working out and cant seem to get them both on the same page!
Leigh said…
Dawn! I soooo KNOW how you feel!! for 2 months I did not drop a pound and then I did some thinking, and shook things up... ya gotta stay focused woman!! Keep up the good work!
Tiffa said…
stick to it and eventually those pieces will all fall into place! I totally feel your frustration in this post and this has been me as of late as well... I had cake four days in a row.... SERIOUSLY! That is not helping me get anywhere with this! It just takes patience... and committment... and picking yourself up when you fall (the most important one of all!)
Becca said…
I know exactly what you mean, I don't even bother with the scale anymore... I go purely by the way the jeans fit. I only weigh myself for comp record tracking caus otherwise I get discouraged.

Keep it up - it will come. And remember that more of it is diet than excercise...the right diet can keep you burning fat long after you're done - unlike cardio. :)

Have a great night.
Fat Loss said…
thank you, this one help me alot.
Anonymous said…
Hubs and I do the same thing - with the eating and working out. Case in point, we ran last night (it was hot, too, btw) and then stopped by Taco Bueno - when I had a healthy meal COOKED at home. LOL

Great job making to the gym so early!
Teresa said…
YAY! you got up and went. Me too, and I feel better for it. Now going to the gym might be a bit tougher, I would have to drive on autopilot.
Christina said…
Sounds like we all needed a restart this week!! :) Thanks for your support yesterday. It's rough going through days where exactly as you said your just spinning your wheeks and going no where!! Keep up your awesome work!!
Natalie said…
i totally relate to that statement you made about not knowing an exact goal because you don't know what you will look like when you get there. i am sooooo there. seriously, when i started this journey i thought i would be thrilled at the weight i am at yet i still want to lose more lbs and inches!!! keep up the hard work.

Popular Posts