Speed training.

I have been MIA for a few days due to a very busy work schedule. All is well though. I have recovered from the half marathon and I am feeling pretty good. In fact I joined a speed workout group as of last night. I was helping my husband at his schools track meet on Monday night and I was sitting by the librarian who just happens to be a RUNNER!! I was so excited. It is so funny to me that I can make conversation with runners now. HAHA, I just never thought I would be in that circle if you know what I mean. Anyway, she was telling me about a friend of hers that was starting a speed training group on Tuesdays and Thursdays so last night I went. I really enjoyed it. Basically you just pick what event you are training for then pick what you want your pace to be like 11 minute miles or 10 minute and so on then you do a training that she lined out for that specific thing. Since I am doing another half marathon in 2 1/2 weeks I did the one for the half marathon at a 10:30 minute pace so I pushed my self around the track 3 times (.75 miles) in 8 minutes then walked one lap then did 2 sets of 2 laps in 5 minutes then walked 1/2 lap in between the two laps then I pushed myself hard for a 1/2 lap then slow jogged a half lap and repeated that 4 times. It was a great workout. Oh, and these people are the "runners" that warm up with a run. HAHA, That just cracks me up. Usually I just walk around and stretch a bit and I am warmed up. I have always seen those runners that actually run to warm up and I just didn't think I was in that league but I guess I am now. We did a ONE MILE WARM UP!!! I am still laughing about that. Then they jogged to cool down too but I had to go so I just walked to my car and that was my cool down. I am moving up in the runners world people and I am LOVING IT!

I still plan on posting some race pics. I just haven't had time. I will soon hopefully.

Comments

Unknown said…
You remind me when I started cross country in high school. The day they started with a 2 mile warm up was my last day. ahaha. You are very impressive. I hope I can be where you are by this time next year.

Popular Posts