Check out my DIAMOND...

A Diamond Razor's Edge Hunting Bow that is! Fooled you, huh? The wife of a sports/hobby fanatic doesn't get real diamonds, well I did once when we got married for a wedding gift but that was in the beginning, 6 years later and I get this:


I LOVE IT THOUGH!!! This is my first time to shoot a bow and I really enjoyed it. We went to a sporting store yesterday to get some arrows for a crossbow that we have and J saw this while we were there and started talking to the guy at the store about (who we actually know) and he was telling us about it and asked if I wanted to take it out and give it a try. So I did. It was FUN!!! So we talked about it, J really wanted me to have it so then we can practice together (we have a homemade archery range at out house) and then I can go hunting with him. So I am working on my target practice for now and getting used to the bow and hunting season starts October 1st so I should be ready to roll by then.

Here is J shooting his bow. He is right handed but left eye dominant so he shoots backwards. He is strange.
I will keep you updated how I do. I should have taken a picture of the target. I shoot a group of 3 at a time and I can group them together pretty good. I have to say it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. My bow is set at 32 pounds (that is the amount of pressure it takes to get it back)and in order to shoot a deer it has to be up to 40 pounds and they say it is pretty easy to get built up to that so I should be good and ready to go by deer season. Plus, I have to slowly move back away from the target and still stay accurate and that just comes with practice.
Fun times!!! I can see this as an every evening ritual until the times changes. Practice practice practice!

Comments

Becca said…
I think it's awesome that you guys have something you can do for fun together now! YAY!!!

Just get a wrist gaurd and you are on your way...

Yes, I know a little about archery. I grew up in the boondocks of MI and opening day of bow hunting and gun hunting our school was shut down due to lack of attendance... :)
Ally Wasmund said…
Congrats on your new 'diamond'! That's sooo cool you are into that stuff. :)

Happy Monday!
Teresa said…
I love it. I use a crossbow. I want one like yours though. You will enjoy it, even if it's just shooting a target.

Popular Posts