5 miles - DONE

I ran 5 miles on Friday night. WOO HOO!! I have never ever in my life gone that far at one time. I can't believe I did it. I have my 10K race this Saturday and I think I am ready, as ready as I will ever be. Now I have not actually gone that distance before but I know I can do it.
I just looked it up and confirmed that 10K is 6.21 miles. I wasn't exactly sure how long it was. Now I know. OH, I can SO DO THAT!! Can't wait to accomplish that goal. Before I had Lizzie on April 1st I had told myself that I was going to do that race on October 13th and I have stuck to it and I AM DOING IT!! I just can't wait to cross that finish line. My friend Jess is doing it with me and I am looking forward to that. Tara had to back out b/c she broke her toe. Next time though she will be right along with us.

I had a great weekend. I didn't exercise any actually but I did get in my 4 days during the week so that is fine. My goal is 4 days and I do try for five but if I can't do it then I don't stress about it. Food wise the weekend went well. We even went to a pizza buffet on Sunday and I did great. I ate some pizza but not too much and I didn't even touch the dessert pizza. It just didn't look worth it to me so I just snubbed it. Man, I love snubbing food. Such an empowering feeling. Try it sometimes. You will be so glad you did.

Exercise plan for the week:
Monday - run 30 - 40 minutes
Tuesday - urban rebounder (borrowed from my friend or step aerobics)
Wednesday - run 30 minutes
Thursday - arm workout
Friday - DOR (day of rest)
Saturday - 10K run
Sunday - DOR

Food plan:
Tuesday night I have bunko so that will be my cheat meal but I will try to have some control as well.
Other than that I will be on track!!!

Comments

Popular Posts