Resolutions...GOT ANY????

I CANNOT BELIEVE it is January 2nd 2008. I am back at work today and back on my regular schedule. I loved loved loved being off for a week and a half. It made it very hard to get up and actually get ready by 7 this morning. I am used to staying in my pajamas until at least 10 or noon and then showering and putting on clean pajamas. Oh well, such is life and I must get back to work so I can buy my kids milk (as my Dad always says when I leave the girls with him and my mom and head to work every morning).

The best thing about this year that I have NEVER EVER been able to say is that I don't have to resolve this year to be healthy and exercise. I am doing that now and I am very close to what I think my first goal is. I do want to lose a few more pounds but mostly just tone up and run my very first ever half marathon. I challenge all of you to get off your couch and make a food plan and get TO IT NOW!! I promise come December 31st 2008 you will not regret it and you too will not have to resolve for 2009 to do something about your health. For 14 years I have made a resolution every January 1st to lose weight and I never did it until 2 years ago which is when I took action and got in shape. The next year at Jan 1 2007 I was pregnant so that doesn't count. I knew after I had the baby I would get back to it and I did.

GREAT NEWS TO SHARE...My sister, Velvet, has QUIT SMOKING!! o.k. Velvet, I called you out here on my blog so you must follow through with your commitment. I know you can do it and you know you can do it. I am so proud of you for doing that. I promise your body will thank you for it and all of the people that love you will thank you for it too b/c you will be around to spend a lot more years with them. Plus, you are eating healthy and going to exercise so next Christmas there will be TWO SMOKIN HOT "HOLMES", the family won't be able to stand us. HAHA

Since I don't have to have "lose weight" as one of my resolutions this year I don't really have any. I think I will change it from resolutions to goals for this year b/c I just like the sound of that better. So here are my goals for 2008:

1) run marathon relay in Little Rock on March 2nd with 3 other friends from my wonderful on-line health and fitness site. www.phit-n-phat.com

2) run my first ever half marathon in either Fayetteville or Nashville in April. Not sure which one yet and possibly both.

3) continue lifting weights to change the shape of my body

4) lose about 10 - 15 more pounds of fat

5) here is my biggest goal and aspirtation actually: to wear a 2-piece bathing suit while in Florida on my vacation June. I am not sure if this will be possible b/c of my loose skin and stretch marks from being overweight for so long and having 2 babies but I am sure going to give it my best try and see. If not a 2 piece then at least look REALLY good in a 1 piece.

5 goals for the year, that is all I can think of at this moment. Actually part of them will be over by the first half of the year so I might have to have some new goals for the 2nd half of the year.

NOW is the time to get the body and life you have always wanted. I promise that if I can do it you can too. Don't wait another day, start eating healthy and exercising. You will NOT REGRET IT!

Comments

Popular Posts