Running and Spinning

Half marathon training is off to a good start. For the last 2 weeks I have gotten in 3 runs each week. I did 4.5 miles this past Saturday and it went really well. It was a great day to run outside and I just felt so good. I am running tonight also at the gym probably. It is warm out but it is SO WINDY!!! Which is good b/c it is another resistance against you but then again that is the problem. I think I might do the treadmill and do some intervals.

I am doing my very first spinning class (stationary bike) tomorrow night after work. I am really looking forward to it. I have heard what a great workout it is. I just can't wait to try it and see how many calories I burn too. I will be sure to wear my HRM.

Strength traning has been non existent. Which is not a good thing. I have a workout to do I just haven't done it. So here is my plan for the week:

monday - run on treadmill, 3 miles
tuesday - spinning
wednesday - run on treadmill most likely or outside, either way 3.5 miles
thursday - strength training at home
friday or saturday - run 5.5 miles

I am going to track my food the entire week and really try to watch it. I have been kind of lax on my food and I have been doing o.k. and maintaining which has been nice but I want to work hard over the next 4 weeks and lose a few pounds to under 150. Then I will maintain that for a few week until after my half marathon probably then I will be in fat burning mode until my beach vacation in late June. So that is my plan, I will let you know how it goes as it goes along.

Comments

healthy ashley said…
Good luck with the exercise plan-- it sounds great. I've taken spinning classes before.. they are GREAT! In mine, there was such a motivational feeling, and it was a killer workout on my legs. Have fun!

Popular Posts