EXCUSES DON'T BURN CALORIES

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dreams closer. "

BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hump Day!

Well it is Wednesday already. I actually pushed my 3 1/2 year old in the single jogging stroller yesterday and whew that was tough. I had not done that in several months. We just went 1 3/4 miles b/c J got home too late and it was getting dark and cooler. Oh well, I guess it was better than not running. J will hopefully get my double jogger put together tonight so that tomorrow night I can go for a jog and take both girls. OH MY!! NOW THAT WILL BE A WORKOUT!! Not sure how that will go b/c 1 year old has never been in a jogging stroller before. Hopefully, she will like it. I have my plan for Saturday. My BIL's girlfriend is coming over at 9:30 or so and is going to watch the girls while I do my 12 mile run. I am going to do it at a park that has some inclines. I need to do this to prepare for my half marathon. I am not necessarily looking forward to it but I NEED TO DO IT and I WILL!! I am glad I am getting it over with Sat. morning then I have the rest of the weekend to not worry about it. I figure it will take me about 2 1/2 hours. I am actually going to do 11.7 miles b/c the park is .9 miles around so I will do 13 laps. It is a nice place to run and there are typically a lot of people there so I will feel safe.

o.k. so that is the plan now I just have to stick to it.

4 comments:

mereimahog said...

I'm amazed! I'm going to run 5 miles tomorrow and 6 on Sunday and they just seem completely unattainable to me. You are such an inspiration. I'm going to be running the 5K of the Hogeye and I might be working it too, so hopefully I'll see you and get to cheer you on. After the LR marathon I think I've decided to train for the 1/2 marathon next year. We'll see how it goes.

Great job on the 10 miles and good luck this weekend.

Mere

Running Knitter said...

1.75 miles is always better than not running at all. Good luck on your 12 miler!

Cara said...

Sounds like a great plan! And pushing kids while running has got to be hard! I have never tried it (don't have kids).

~Les said...

Good plan, sister! It's great that you have someone to watch the girls when you run. I have a tough time finding someone to watch my kiddo when DH works on the weekend. I have that mommy-guilt, ya know..

~Les