EXCUSES DON'T BURN CALORIES

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dreams closer. "

BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Confession time

If you can't be honest on your blog then where can you be, right?

I must confess...I ate THREE chocolate chip cookies today. Yes, you read that right, THREE!!! That is really un-like me. I had an uncontrolled day and I just gave in to temptation. I do agree that this is fine and it is not the end of the world and I will bounce back tomorrow from it. I think it is a good reminder to myself that I am not always going to be the perfect eater and some days I am just not going to make the best decisions. I have learned so much about myself along the way in this getting healthy and fit journey. Remembering that I AM HUMAN and I am going to slip up is just part of it. As long as the good days out weigh the bad days and they do then I will be fine. I think I just need to get back into my "weight loss mode" now that I am in "maintenance mode" I feel a little more free to eat things that I normally wouldn't eat. I do have some more pounds of fat I want to drop and that was my goal after the half marathons were over but I think I might need to get my mentality back NOW and not wait the 5 weeks until my races are over. I don't really plan to lose weight that much until the races are over but I could at least get my mojo ready to go so that when the races are over it is FAT LOSS 100%!!! My mind is just not in the right place right now and that is obvious from my choice to eat THREE chocolate chip cookies today. I am by no means beating myself up over it but at the same time I have to recognize it, learn from it and move on.

4 comments:

Running Knitter said...

You have the right attitude about it. Tomorrow is another day!

AnnaBanana said...

At least you didn't eat five!

Cara said...

Life would be pointless without chocolate chip cookies... but I guess you still can't have them ALL the time ;-)

Cara said...

ps: i read this right before bed, and then had dreams I ate 5 chocolate chip cookies... weird....