I DID IT!!! 12 MILES = COMPLETE!!!

I RAN 12 MILES, I RAN 12 MILES, I RAN 12 MILES!!! I DID IT I DID IT I REALLY DID!!
WHEW!! It went GREAT!! I felt good the entire time. About mile 9 mile legs got a little tired but I just kept pushing through those last 3 miles and I finished it.

As I was reminded the other day by my friend Jill from Phit-n-Phat this is a mental and physical game. Mental game for me more so than physical. My body can do it at least the 12 miles anyway but believing that I can do it and keeping a positive attitude the entire time is what I fight with. I felt confident going into it but as you get started and you do 2 miles and you think OH MY GOSH I have 10 miles left then you do 3 more miles and you still have 7 miles left you have this continuous conversation in your head pushing yourself and giving yourself positive vibes and feedback that you TRULY CAN DO THIS!! Well, all of my conversations in my head went well I kept saying over and over "Dawn, you can do this, you know you can just keep going and don't quit". That is what I did and now I have completed the longest distance that I have ever done in my life and it feels GOOD!!!

My girls are asleep, I have had a shower and I am going to grab some water and my People magazine and sit in the quiet living room in my recliner and relax. Then I will look like an old lady when I try to get up from my legs being so stiff but I will worry about that later when I get ready to get up. HAHA

WOOT WOOT!! I am still so excited!

Comments

AnnaBanana said…
WOO-HOO!!!!

That is SUCH a great accomplishment!! WAY TO GO!!!

You're so right about it being mental - keep that positive attitude!

If you can do 12 already, what's another silly little 1.1 miles?

You're there girl, ready for a 1/2 marathon -- WOO-HOO!!!
chloe said…
You are awesome! Isn't it the most amazing feeling...when you finish. I love it. Way to go!
E said…
YAHOO!!!!
AWESOME JOB!!!!
Unknown said…
Great job Dawn!

Hogeye here we come!

Popular Posts