I'm doing it again!

I am running a half marathon on December 6th. It is the St. Jude half/marathon in Memphis. A lot of my Phit-N-Phat friends will be along for the ride and I can't wait. I started my running training yesterday with a 3 miles run/walk. It went really well. I thought I would be sore this morning since I hadn't run over 1 1/2 at one time in 3 1/2 months but I have been exercising so I think that just made me stronger and getting back to it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am glad to be back to the running. I really enjoy it. Having a goal/race in mind keeps me more focused and consistent with my exercise b/c if you don't do the running/strength training then you will never be able to finish the race and that certainly is not an option. I will be doing 1-2 upper body strength training days to keep my upper body and core strong.

I might not be a consistent poster over the next few weeks. Work and life just have me busy for now. I will do my best to keep you updated on how I am doing though.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yeah! Dawn is back in running mode!
A.B. Starns said…
Good luck with your half marathon :)

- Typical Blog Stalker

Popular Posts