EXCUSES DON'T BURN CALORIES

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dreams closer. "

BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Miscellaneous and tip of the day

It is Friday. This week flew by as they always do. No big plans this weekend which is nice b/c soon the weekends will start getting busier with Razorback football games and hunting season and J's football season starting. The fall is always just so busy. Fun but busy.

I enjoyed my splurge meal yesterday at lunch. I had chicken fajitas and chips and cheese dip. It was really good. I have started doing my splurge meal during the week during lunch one day b/c J doesn't want to do one for a while b/c he is so focused on his good eating that he doesn't want to lose the focus he has right now. I am able to have my splurge and get back on track the next meal but it is harder to do that in the beginning so I can work around it and do it at lunch. I think it is better anyway b/c I eat less at lunch than I would if I had the meal at dinnertime.

My food will be spot on this weekend since we will be at home. We are going to eat out on Sunday at lunch but I can stay on my plan. I don't have any formal exercise planned either. I got my 4 days in so I am good. I have my exercise week planned out beginning on Monday though so I am glad about that. Monday through Thursday again of AM exercise.

Tip of the day: I thought I would share with you what I have recently learned that I should have been doing A LONG TIME AGO and that is BOILING EGGS!! This is so easy and such a great way to eat a snack or breakfast that is quick and healthy. I started doing it this week and I take 2 eggs and a piece of fruit and eat that for breakfast after I get to work from my AM workout. It is so easy. I boil about 6 at a time every 3 days and just have them on hand in the fridge for whenever I want one for b-fast or for a snack. I am sure you could do more at a time depending on how quickly you eat them. I have no idea how long they are good in the fridge, most likely a long time. Anyway, learn from my mistake and if you aren't boiling eggs already start doing it now b/c it is super easy and quick and it makes for a no excuses snack when you need something or an addition to a meal.

4 comments:

Running Knitter said...

I love boiled eggs, but never thought to boil a bunch at a time. Thanks for the tip!

Juli said...

THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIP! I always enjoy reading your blog b/c you are such a great motivator throughout the week.

Yeah...I am so excited that I made the addition to your blog links.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Trish said...

Hi Dawn! Just popping into your blog - I hardly recognize your before pics!! Your "afters" look so awesome!!

Thanks for the egg tip too!!! :)

anna said...

no kidding...eggs are the BEST!

and you should know...just check out your before/after pics! dang girl!! you look amazing.